Is your organization functioning as effectively as you would like?
Organization Development interventions improve effectiveness. When the leadership of an organization requires outside expertise to assist and guide them in sensitive and discreet areas, they retain the services of an organization development consultant. Just as IT or Financial firms provide their special expertise when needed, the field of organization development offers complex skills and techniques to an organization. To address particular hot spots and/or maximize organization effectiveness, the organization development consultant attends to challenges and together with the committed client prepares, introduces, and implements the right intervention.
For over 15 years, The Bader Group has provided clients with organization development services that are highly customized, examples include:
- Resolving conflict among the leadership team of a large law firm through confidential interviews and staff surveys to assess the situation, executive coaching of the leadership team, and implementation of new roles and responsibilities.
- Facilitating an annual managers’ day for a children’s hospital through preliminary needs analysis of the hospital’s challenges and the 75 managers’ motivation levels, performance coaching of the leadership team, design of the day with an advisory board, facilitation of team building activities and peer coaching, creative listening activities, and follow-through for new commitments.
- Leading a week long strategic planning off-site for an international retailer through collaboration with Human Resources staff and the leadership team, initial assessments, facilitating peer coaching and action learning, executive coaching, team building activities, and long term follow-through. This week was a breakthrough event for the entire group and it recharged the relationships and effectiveness of the team that lead to a dramatic increase in sales and promotions for many participants.
- Serving on a three person design team for succession management of a global bank through providing best practices research on leadership development, creating assumptions relevant to the multi-cultural aspects of the culture, facilitating executive commitment and sponsorship, offering executive coaching, and guiding strategic planning for leadership development. The philosophy, programs and activities continue with measurable results.
- Facilitating an engineering leadership team’s effectiveness over eight years through guiding strategic planning sessions, providing executive coaching and sensitive feedback, assessing issues, managing change, resolving conflict, peer coaching, and communicating, writing summaries, and measuring results.
- Designing workshops of various management topics ranging from Change Management, Action Learning, Coaching Skills, Conflict Management, Team Building , Increasing Trust, Leadership, Performance Coaching, Executive Selection, and Delegation.
- Revising a nursing structure to reduce costly turnover through interviews that assessed the administrators, physicians, nurses, staff, and patients’ views of the challenges. The Bader Group provided executive coaching to many stakeholders, guided the re-organization of the unit’s management team, and managed follow-through with peer coaching and communication workshops for all parties involved. Within two weeks, nurses stopped leaving the unit and morale dramatically improved.
Every organization development intervention is sensitive, confidential, and complex. Typically, Organization Development services feature the following phases:
- Assessment of an Organization, Department, Team, or Individual to learn the issues and concerns, glean levels of motivation for change, build rapport and trust, and adapt to the culture of the organization. Methods include:
- Custom surveys
- Focus groups
- Multi-rater feedback
- Objective individual assessments
- Observations/ Shadowing
- Archival data
- Data Analysis to assess causes of the specific organization development challenge and prepare the executive feedback and collaboration meeting. Methods include:
- Content analysis
- Statistical analysis
- Feedback to the executive sponsor, leadership team, or advisory board through confidential consultation, executive coaching sessions, off-site retreats, or meetings. The purpose of this feedback is to gain commitment to a change and plan the organization development intervention. A written report is always included.
- Design and Facilitation of Interventions appropriate to the scope, purpose, and goals of the client’s organization effectiveness needs. The Bader Group’s 90% repeat business stems from our design creativity, experience, and resourcefulness. Examples include: customized icebreakers and time savers, group involvement prior to the off-site, use of media, fast paced high involvement activities, executive and peer coaching, fun via high participation, trust, and efficient goal setting. Sample interventions are provided above and they range from facilitating sensitive meetings to leading complex off-site retreats.
- Follow-Up and Evaluation through follow-on executive coaching and peer coaching, tactical planning meetings, communication sessions, written materials, celebration of success, and management training. Results are evaluated by goal accomplishment, ROI, project fulfillment, process documentation, new behaviors, coaching success, and/or measurement through post surveys or interviews.
Please contact us for a free consultation about increasing the morale, energy, creativity, trust and commitment of your talent. Phone 619.501.9586 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.